Monday, April 18, 2011

April Showers bring... April Showers





Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not,

Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot,

we weather the weather whatever the weather, whether we like it or not.


Easier said, then done.

Easter is next week. The daffodils have almost had their last dance. The tulips are making their entrance onto the stage. The cherry blossoms are here, but not in their full glory. It's too wet. The petals are heavy. And what's even worse then the wet, is the cold. It's cold. Like, January cold. 3 days this year, only 3 days have we even reached 60 degrees! It's cold people!


And with this much rain, what else is there to do but try and keep your head above water. So, I have been trying to make the best of it. I stopped and smelled the flowers (or in this case noticed how pretty the pink blossoms were covered in rain droplets.)

And today, we decided to go for a walk (It was sunny at the moment this decision was made). I rounded up both girls and convinced Evelyn to put on her socks and then to put her shoes on the right feet, as opposed to the opposite feet which she is so inclined to do, and we were finally ready to head out....and by then, of course, it had started to rain again.

So we threw up our hands and decided to go anyways. Evelyn put on her rain coat and grabbed her umbrella. I did the same and zipped Nora snugly up inside my coat, who was bundled up and fast asleep against my body in her BabyHawk carrier. I was thankful I chose to carry her in my wrap rather then the stroller today, because she stayed warm and dry. And we headed out, with Scout in tow. He was none too thrilled about the idea of wandering in the rain, but was a good sport about it anyway.




Not that you can tell, but this is actually a picture of Nora, zipped up warm and dry. Instead it just looks like I have an alarming growth on my neck maybe.


It rained hard on us most of the walk. And then, lest we forget that it is, in fact, April and NOT January, the sun made a brief and glorious appearance in tandem with the still falling rain, and a spectacular rainbow. Spring is here, she's just too nice to give Old Man Winter the full boot.



And so our walk ended on a sunny note.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Good for you guys! I love this! Such great pictures! It is so cold up here tonight- had to crank the heat back up to 68.. I"m so so so ready for true Spring! Thanks for the post. :)